Reading my last post made it really hard to want to post again, however I know it is all for His glory, so here i go. I am writing this from my comfortable computer chair in my robe with Monica all snuggled up in a blanket behind me watching the Disney channel, never having left for Ghana. My plans to travel were canceled just hours before we were walking out the door to the airport. About three hours prior to us leaving we got a call that A's file had been lost. The whole file...gone! Being the fighting type and having dealt with this exact thing with Monica I said, "They will find it before I land, I am going in faith!" My husband on the other hand said different. He said, "Babe, this time is different, this doesn't feel the same as it did with Moni." Thank God for my praying, covering and loving husband! Just a few minutes later the phone rang again letting us know that the file was found but there we mistakes on the decree. So, the big glaring Red Stop sign was up and there was no going around it, over it or under it. There was no way I could go to Ghana and file our I600 with out the decree.
With the hotel already paid for John and I decided to go ahead and head to the hotel and take a "daycation" with the kids. We got to the hotel went swimming until our eyes burned then went out for dinner. The following day some close family friends met us at the zoo in Seattle. We spent the whole day trying to embrace the day. I tried very to be grateful that I was with the family and not on a plane headed to Ghana! I say tried because it was such a challenge for me to stay focused on God's plan vs. my plan. During these times it is so hard to not think of yourself, atleast it is for me.
So now we wait. My bags are packed, my standby status is on hold....my appointments at the Embassy have been canceled and my reservations at the guest house are on hold, knowing full well all of this is for God's Glory and His perfect timing. Holding on to the promises of God until the phone rings and we are told the decree is in hand and I can travel over to file! :o)
With the hotel already paid for John and I decided to go ahead and head to the hotel and take a "daycation" with the kids. We got to the hotel went swimming until our eyes burned then went out for dinner. The following day some close family friends met us at the zoo in Seattle. We spent the whole day trying to embrace the day. I tried very to be grateful that I was with the family and not on a plane headed to Ghana! I say tried because it was such a challenge for me to stay focused on God's plan vs. my plan. During these times it is so hard to not think of yourself, atleast it is for me.
So now we wait. My bags are packed, my standby status is on hold....my appointments at the Embassy have been canceled and my reservations at the guest house are on hold, knowing full well all of this is for God's Glory and His perfect timing. Holding on to the promises of God until the phone rings and we are told the decree is in hand and I can travel over to file! :o)
