Lisa Michele
I am not even sure how to begin this post. I wanted to share with all of you that John and I are happy to announce that we have begun the paperwork process on our next adoption. I am not sure what all I can share at this point but I can let you know we are going to be a family of six. We are completely relying on God as we have just returned home with Monica, so financially this is going to be hard for us, easy for HIM! lol! This time around we are asking for donations, will be sending a letter to our friends and family, and will be looking into fund raising ideas. I have several photos that I have taken I could use as a fund raiser....maybe I should give that more thought. Maybe I am getting a bit ahead of myself, let me back up a bit......
When I went to Ghana in November I felt like we would be adding one more to our family. John thought I might be a tad bit crazy or maybe a bit to tenderhearted, maybe a tad bit of both. I continued to pray for what God had for us knowing full well He wouldn't plant a seed in me and not in my husband. Every now and again I would talk to him about the idea of having 4 kids but we never really went further with our conversations. I will share, I got to the point I was asking God to take the desire from me if we were not going to be moving forward with another adoption. BUT Just like God...He took me to the point I said Mercy and John said Yep, I think you are right, I think we should start the paper! WHAT! REALLY, REALLY! YEP!
Since we have been home, we have sat down for meals much more often than we had a few weeks ago. It has been wonderful to get to see each other for that extra few minutes through out the day except we have felt a bit of a void. Our table for 6 seemed to be missing a member as we are only a family of 5 at this point. We are so excited that seat number 6 will soon be filled with the newest member of the Aydelotte family!
I can safely say we are going to be adopting again from Beacon House. We are not sure what our process will look like as things with adoption have changed a lot in the few months in Ghana. We covet your prayers as we take the first step of our journey to complete our family. We DO know our child will be home on the exact day that God has planned for all of us........oh I can't wait to be a family of SIX!
4 Responses
  1. Kristin Says:

    Congratulations!! I will be praying for your family as you make this next step!


  2. Laurel Says:

    So exciting!

    Hugs!


    Laurel :)


  3. Jen Says:

    Congratulations! How exciting! As soon as we got home with Selina, we knew we wanted to adopt again (we had always planned on adopting two) but once I went, I was positive and knew without a doubt that more children were in our future! I will be excited to see who your next family member is!


  4. What wonderful news! Congratulations!