Please pray for our family to know Jesus. It is really hard for those who do not know Him to understand our hearts. Adoption seems selfish to them....as much as that doesn't make a bit of sense to us, what we are doing doesn't make sense to them.
Neither of our families understand the life that we lead ...
We are the "crazy religious homeschooling family with all of the kids". :)
When my mother in law heard that we were adopting, we got the first note from her in years. It said something like, "I heard you were getting a kid from the Congo." I guess, to her, all of Africa is "the Congo".
Our children have been home for 6 months, and have only met one of their four grandparents. Sad!
Hoping your family will embrace not only your new child, but also our Lord and Savior!
I am a daughter of THE King, a wife to an incredible man who is my best friend, a mother of four (Me? Yes Indeed I Am!), a photographer, a doula and a bit of a computer nerd.
Lisa,
Will pray.....
For Friday and your fam.
Thanks Erika, It means a lot to me that you would be praying for our family.
You are in my prayers as well.
Blessings,
Lisa
Neither of our families understand the life that we lead ...
We are the "crazy religious homeschooling family with all of the kids". :)
When my mother in law heard that we were adopting, we got the first note from her in years. It said something like, "I heard you were getting a kid from the Congo." I guess, to her, all of Africa is "the Congo".
Our children have been home for 6 months, and have only met one of their four grandparents. Sad!
Hoping your family will embrace not only your new child, but also our Lord and Savior!
Laurel :)