Most every one that knows me knows I love Craigslist and some of the experiences I have had, just amaze me. I have met some amazing Christian women through Craigslist and yesterday wasn't any different.
I found a bed on CL that would fit perfectly in Taylor's room. The lady I was emailing with said I would need to bring muscles to lift it. For most of the morning I called around seeing if I could find anyone who could come with no luck. Then about an hour before I needed to leave a friend of mine called from work and said she had received a phone call from my daughter saying I could use some help going to get a bed. She called in someone to replace her for the rest of her shift and came right over.
I was so distracted by the conversations we were having on the way to pick up the bed I forgot to tell her about the "bring muscles" part of the conversation until we were about a mile away from our destination. She looked at me in shock and said what are we going to do? I replied, Pray! Pray the people we are getting this bed from will help us, pray the bed isn't as heavy as she said it was, and if it is pray God will be our strength....literally. So we prayed and drove up to the house. The lady greeted us and welcomed us into her home to see the bed. She said are you the family who is adopting? I said, "yes we are". She said, "Oh good, we got over twenty emails for the bed and I was hoping you were the one coming to pick this up, I couldn't keep up with all of the emails and we wanted it to be your bed." She said her and her husband were planning on keeping the bed because they want to adopt in a couple of years but they both really felt led to sell the bed and when they saw our email they knew why. She asked all kinds of questions about Beacon House, our church, our agency. It was fantastic. Then as we got the last few pieces of the bed loaded (which was a piece of cake by the way) she came walking out with a doll in her hands. She said you were talking about American Girl dolls, my daughters love these dolls. They are called prayer dolls. Very much like an American Girl doll but their hands are in the praying position. Then she handed me the doll for our new little one and said, "I would really like your new little one to have her." I was almost speechless.
Isn't God amazing!

I'm all teary, your post was beautiful :)
This is awesome!! Have a bit of an issue that you didn't call me since I took the day off! Plus I needed to come to your house anyway since you stole Joshua's jacket! HAH!!!
Thanks for sharing and you are right, this bed was made for that room and matches perfectly!!
Aren't God appointments awesome!!!
Here's to another Apples to Apples game....maybe we can con some of your Whidbey friends to join in, they look like easy prey.
Kathy