Lisa Michele
Ok I am not even sure that I can write this story and give it justice but I have to try.
Today was the first day of school for our kids. Taylor went with a friend and I drove Chandler in by himself. Afterward I met a couple of girl friends for coffee at Starbucks for a little cup of java. After an hour of visiting one of the ladies said it was getting too hot for comfort and led us to a table outside. We visited with a friend from church, talked a bit about our kids and of course our adoption. I began to tell them how close we are to finishing our dossier, but we were struggling with the medical papers for Ghana.
Both John and I are seen at the walk in clinic for any of the illness' that we have had and the ladies there are an ARNP not a MD. This posed a problem for us because that would mean we needed to make new patient appointments and be seen by an MD for a physical and have the papers notarized at the same time. (For anyone not in this journey, getting a physical and a notary all at the same time isn't the easiest thing to coordinate) We were wanting to be able to send our dossier to Ghana with a family who is leaving for Ghana with in the next week but knew we couldn't with out ALL of our paper work complete. Details! Gotta have the details.....
So anyway a lady sitting at a table right next me says, "Mama, I don't mean to be ease dropping on your conversation, but I would like to help you."
I turned and looked over my shoulder at her and wondered how on earth she could help us in this situation.
She continued, " I am a MD. I work in the ER at the hospital and I would be happy to help you and your husband with your paper work."
I could hardly even swallow the lump in my throat was so big.
"I have tomorrow off would you like me to make a house call?"
A house call, who knew doctor's even made house calls anymore?
I was so washed with emotion I could hardly talk. I called John and tried to explain the miracle that had just happened and ask if he could take the afternoon off. So through the few words I could get out, followed by moments of silence (because I am not good at talking and crying at the same time) I told her John was able to get part of the day off.
She said, "Why don't you just come over to my house and then we can all go down to the bank to get everything notarized when we are done?" I was still in tears but graciously accepted her gift. Tomorrow at 2:30 both John and I have appointments to get a physical, get our last pieces of paper notarized and hopefully send off our dossier to a family flying to Ghana.
And the miracle continues ~
I left Starbucks in a haze with barely enough sense to go to the bank so I could make sure the notary (a long time friend of ours) would even be there tomorrow. I walked in sat down in a chair to wait my turn to share the miracle of my day and kept trying to grasp every word of my conversation so I could write it down before I forgot one single detail. Soon after our friend walked over to see what was going. I asked if she was working tomorrow and she shook her head no. She explained it's her anniversary so she will be home cooking her hubby's favorite meal but wanted to know why. I told her about my God moment and she asked if I had the address of the Dr. with me. I grabbed it out of my purse and handed it over to her. She glanced down at the paper smiled from ear to ear and said she would walk over about 2:30. WALK OVER? She lives a block away from the Dr.
I have cried, laughed, cried... talked, told the story to all who I could think of and now I am off to bed. I am sure I forgot some of the details. I haven't even proofed this but I wanted to get it on here tonight. I will add more tomorrow.
God Bless! Sweet Dreams!
3 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    WOW!!!! An awesome reminder that God really is in control of every detail, loves us and has this journey in His hand....we just have to keep turning it back over to him (I tend to try to take it from Him sometimes)!

    Thank you Jesus!!

    Thank you for sharing and encouraging us all!

    Kathy


  2. Ericka Says:

    Great story!!!!
    Perfect confirmation that you are the perfect path.....
    Thanks for sharing :)