Lisa Michele
So after you file your I600a in Yakima you wait you wait and you wait THEN you call the National Visa Center in NJ to see if they have received our file. (With today's technology it's hard to not feel like they should have it just after the Yakima office pushes the send button, right!) We got our Yes answer about two weeks ago.
Then they send our file to Ghana via DHL and you call Ghana to see if they have received our I600a. This is too much fun! You get a Ghana calling card dial the 800 number, then your 10 digit pass code, then the 14 digit number to the USCIS office in Ghana followed by the # sign. If you are lucky you will get through with in the first 5 minutes. The first couple of times someone answered and told me they were not taking calls to call back tomorrow! lol! Not taking calls...didn't they just answer the phone?
During this process you must maintain a sense of humor or you will go crazy! I went, but I am back now.... enough that I can share.
0 Responses