Hello, I am here in Ghana. This is the beginning of my fourth day here. I have to say....I love it here. I love the heat, love the people, love it! Mind you this is after three days. Day one and two were pretty hard on me but the culture shock isn't so shocking and now things are starting to grow on me a bit.
I have spent quite a bit of time with Monica she is quite a gem and most certainly designed to be our daughter. She is a very happy girl! She loves to dances when she is happy! I still can't believe she is really ours.
Yesterday I filed paper work at the Embassy. It was FANTASTIC! No problems at all. You just walk by a few armed guards into a security room, walk through medal detectors, passed more armed guards and out another security door, then into another building passed a long row of people, walk into a very small room, hand over your paper work and there you go. Done, Filed and Waiting. I just talked to the lady like I knew the process and what she needed and that was that ~ God is Good...
I spent the rest of the day at Beacon House with the kids playing and spending as much time with Monica as possible. Spending time with her there is hard because all of the other children want your attention as well but it was good. She sat in my lap to watch a movie and we played "chicklets". That means tickle me... it was so fun. After a time she said now I play "chicklets" to you mommy and tickled me over and over again.
I keep looking at Friday not knowing how on earth I am going to get on that plane to leave her! It will be a time that I will know the strength of our Father because I will not be able to go with out His lead.
I have spent quite a bit of time with Monica she is quite a gem and most certainly designed to be our daughter. She is a very happy girl! She loves to dances when she is happy! I still can't believe she is really ours.
Yesterday I filed paper work at the Embassy. It was FANTASTIC! No problems at all. You just walk by a few armed guards into a security room, walk through medal detectors, passed more armed guards and out another security door, then into another building passed a long row of people, walk into a very small room, hand over your paper work and there you go. Done, Filed and Waiting. I just talked to the lady like I knew the process and what she needed and that was that ~ God is Good...
I spent the rest of the day at Beacon House with the kids playing and spending as much time with Monica as possible. Spending time with her there is hard because all of the other children want your attention as well but it was good. She sat in my lap to watch a movie and we played "chicklets". That means tickle me... it was so fun. After a time she said now I play "chicklets" to you mommy and tickled me over and over again.
I keep looking at Friday not knowing how on earth I am going to get on that plane to leave her! It will be a time that I will know the strength of our Father because I will not be able to go with out His lead.

So glad things are going well for you!
Laurel :)
You are in my thoughts and (constant) prayers.
I am so happy that you have had such a beautiful time with Monica and I can't wait until the day you get to bring her home!
Thank God for his amazing grace!
Christall
How FUN!
I'm SO glad the paperwork went smoothly. That is half the battle right there!!!!!!!
Enjoy your trip and love on that little cutie patootie!
Love to you and your whole family! So happy for you. Will be praying for your heart as I know it will tear you apart when you leave. Praying!!!
Kathy
Lisa....So glad you are all FILED and done with that part! What a fun day it sounds like you had with Lori by your side. (yeah two more BH families FILED and onto the next leg of the journey) Ghana culture....it does take a few days for sure and the kids ALL OVER you ....well I never got used to it, the balance of giving them all love and loving on my kiddos at the same time. It is a SUPER natural kind of energy that you get when you are there. TAKE it all in! Thanks for the update! Blaske's are PRAYING ya home and little "moni" too :O)