Well the past few weeks have been more than trying. There have been many wonderful stories, many times of dropping to my knees in prayer. I have been in a state of silence here not knowing really what to share and what to keep to ourselves. This adoption process has been an amazing walk with God, one that has strengthened our relationship with Him and with each other.
Emotionally I am much like a child waiting for Christmas. This time tomorrow I will be heading to Seattle to spend the evening with my hubby then Thursday morning I will be on a plane headed to Ghana. The thought of seeing her for the first time... hugging her for the first time.... loving her in person is beyond what I can comprehend at this point. I can only sit here with tears falling on my key board imagining what a joy this will be. This is so far beyond any thing I have ever done I have nothing to compare this experience too. Kind of like child birth, I read all about it... didn't think I would ever be able to do it all by myself but when it came time I did everything I needed to do no matter what it took to be able to hold my child, and now I will do what ever it takes to get to Africa to hold my Monica no matter what.
My chest hurts, my eyes burn, my prayers feel like they are exhausted and I haven't even left the comforts of my house. I am scared but even through all of this I know my emotions are just that emotions, the strength of God in me confirms every step that we have taken in this process.
So with that I am off to Africa to file some paper work, see our "Moni" as John calls her and experience a time like nothing I have ever experienced before!

Excited for you! Brings back many memories ...
Laurel :)
mama of 13
Thank you! I can't wait to tell my story when I get back.
I love reading about your family, your an inspiration to me!
Lisa....watching you walk day by day...on your knees hour by hour has been and is a JOY to be a part of! You are entering Ghana with a perfect heart...God will AGAIN meet you right where you are and BLOW you away with His power to move in your life...ALL at the same time! YEeeeee haw!
Victoria sends her love and "blesses you in Jesus name" as she prayed for you and Monica tonight.
Take it all in...."it" will transform your life.
Looking forward to hugging you and your whole clan....complete with Monica!
Carrie <><