Lisa Michele
Hello All! Yesterday was a good day. I spent the day here at Beacon House helping Romana with some paper work and documents. It was good to feel a bit useful. I also made some bracelets with the older girls and the house moms. I drove out to a glass bead place where they recycle bottles and make beads out of them. It was fantastic. They make bracelets here and sell them to raise money for Beacon House. I bought some to bring home to make as well. (Hope it doesn't make my luggage too heavy!)
Today I will be going to the passport office with Bernard to check up on Monica's passport. She has an Uncle that works there that I will be able to meet. I am really looking forward to that! Bernard explained the region that Monica is from is so small that if some one is from there they are some how related so this man is probably not her "uncle" like we would see him but that is what they would call him here in Ghana.
We are praying we will be able to find out some information in regards to Monica's passport today. So far we have heard they have it, but they don't know who has it. Maybe today we can get more information.
Monica told me she loved me day before yesterday. It was very sweet. She has been very reluctant to say that since I arrived. I say reluctant but that really isn't the best word to use, she just didn't understand why I was saying that to her so much. I sat with her and explained what it means when I say I love you and I think that helped her understand. Then she looked at me later in the day and said,"I love my Mum" I scooped her up and kissed her all over. Yesterday she wanted to talk to John so we called him on the cell. She gets so excited when she is talking to him all she can do is smile from ear to ear and she dances. After she got off the phone she ran into the class room to draw him a picture and when she was done she said, "I love my Dad, I love my Taylor and Chandler too!"
I am looking forward to sharing the experience with John. This trip has changed my life, my heart, my faith....and I know it will impact him as well. Being here proves God's love, proves He has a plan for the lives of these orphans as well as our lives. It is an amazing place to be for sure.
I miss my family, I wish they were here seeing what I am seeing....
On My Knees,
Lisa
1 Response
  1. Simply BEAUTIFUL!
    One of my most profound "sensory" memories was the bead shop. (lots to process when you are there...so glad you got to go!)
    Looking forward to seeing you again when you get back....and the 1,0000 pics you have of your little sweet girl! Praying along side you...good thing we are moving in a few days...I am wearing out this old farm house carpet with "knee" marks :O)